About me

I've been riding and racing my mountain bikes since 2009 at the same time as studying a medical degree, I tried a training plan once and realised I hate intervals with a passion so instead I just ride and race and enjoy...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Things get just a little bit Cheeky


After another year of fun racing and good results on my trusty old 26" bikes, I've been getting a little jealous of all these 29er type just doing it easy at the 100km races ;-) I catch them on the hills then they just seem to roll away on the flat. Sometimes I catch them when their super wide bars connect with trees but half the time they just roll off into the distance with ease... well not quite. But they definitely seem to be a big advantage in the 100km XCM events.


I got interested in the 29er thing a while back, I've demo'ed a few but the full-time student status is a little restrictive when it comes to adding to the stable. Then there's the fact that when you have two riders in a relationship, the perfect number of bikes is actually N+2 rather than N+1, because you BOTH need a new one...

Anyway, then a new bike shop rolled into town and we dropped in for a look after the HMBA club championships. My only complaint is that the floor is damn slippery in cleats ;-) but the shop looks fantastic. The brands include Lapierre, Merida and Norco while the roadies get also Cervelo and other sexy looking brands that I might remember if I were more of a roadie... 

Inside Cheeky Velosport at Warners Bay


A few shop rides with the friendly Cheeky crew and now I'm super excited to announce I'm going to have Cheeky across my bum for the next season! Quite appropriate I hear you all saying... well yes, I have to admit it does kind of suit.

So looking forward to racing a Lapierre rocket ship next year, thanks to some great support from the guys at Cheeky. If you're in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area pop into the shop on Hillsborough Rd, Warners Bay or come for a shop ride (Sundays 0700, Tues & Thurs 0600 from the shop) and meet the crew or find them on facebook.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Stay safe and hope to see you out on the trails. We're planning a road trip of the single track on offer in the Victorian and NSW high country, so if you're around Mt Buller, Mt Beauty or Thredbo this festive season - see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment